FLASHBACKS

FLASHBACKS
Most of them are good...

About Me

My photo
I believe that you and you alone hold the power over what makes you happy. If something in your life does not make you happy, then CHANGE IT! Find your HAPPY, so that you can share it with the people that you love. Don't waste time, the little things that you do, and the manner in which you choose to do them really DO matter. I believe that giggles have magical powers! So, please add GET the GIGGLES to your TO DO LIST!

Marta, just being me...

Tweet with me!

Like facebook?

Like facebook?
Come Play!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

ROCKSTAR Reflections...

For as long as I can remember, I have recognized the ROCKSTAR within those around me.  I know I grabbed  a hold of this "Leadership Style" early on in my Retail Career - because it was highly effective.  I have wittnessed so many people with titles hold their teams hostage with fear power and intimidation tactics  -- did it produce results?  Oh absolutely it did, short term.  What fear power does not provide, is a future.  Fear doesn't build a team,  teach leadership skills, create ownership or provide future bench strength. 

I often wonder about these 'fear powered' managers (cannot call them leaders), I bet it is exhausting to have to be negative and harsh all of the time!  If you have a team that you honestly have to manage with an iron fist, I think you have the wrong team.  There are so many talented individuals that crave a leader that will recognize their accomplishments and hardwork, then challenge them to reach higher by teaching them how and simply providing them with the resources needed.   Let the ROCKSTARS ROCK!

Mistakes and bad decisions are always part of life/business, this is how we learn.  These things may never be ignored, for if a leader says nothing - it is the same as saying, "I accept that behavior".  The point here is: Mark It and Move On! 

I have learned so much from the individuals that I have had the honor of training over the past 25 years.  ROCKSTARS, every single one of them have left me forever touched. I am one lucky learner. =) 
                                                                                                         Copyright ©

No comments:

Post a Comment